Evaluation of a videotape of a therapy session
For one of the tapes shown during this unit, using both the transcript received in class and the segment that we watch during class, consider the strengths and weaknesses of this segment. Consider the following questions:
- Briefly describe and summarize the segment that you watched.
- How would you describe this therapist (warm/cool? directive/nondirective? insight-oriented/action-oriented? respectful/disrespectful? genuine? empathic?)
- Did you like him or her? Why or why not? How does your reaction fit with your own personal style or worldview?
- What are the therapist's goals during this brief segment of tape? How do these goals relate to the theory?
- What specific examples of therapy-based interventions do you see? What does the client do in response to these? Was the intervention effective? How do you know?
- How are the therapist's verbal and nonverbal listening skills? Were they effective with this particular client? How do you know?
- Comment on whatever else you thought was particularly interesting.
Page by jms
Last updated April 26, 2004